background

Monday, May 28, 2012

Antwerp 10 miler & Cornwall


One of the goals that I have had for this year was to run a half-marathon (which I did, more on that soon) and so some of my friends and I decided to run the Antwerp 10 miler as a training for the half-marathon.  It was a great run except for the killer tunnel at the end of the race that was crowded, had a steep incline and horrible air.  There was even an ambulance that had to come into the tunnel because someone had collapsed...yes, it was bad.  Anyway, it was a good run and challenging.  The weather was cold and rainy (hail was falling minutes before the race) but we prayed....AND it didn't rain at all during the entire race! :) YEAH!
Here was our support guy!  Marc decided to drive all of us ladies to the race and be the bag guy.  We had some friends watch the kiddos so that Marc could go.  Marc is awesome & a good sport--it was fun to share the day with him! 

From the right, here are Lisa, Jenny and I after the race. 
Here is the whole crew.  Jennifer, me, Monica, Jenny & Lisa.
*Please note that we had just ran 10 miles and looking a little beat. :)

Here are a couple sneak peaks of Cornwall, England!  We did finally make it there after our train fiasco and will share more tomorrow.

We were loving our beach time!

No comments: