background

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lately...

 The last few weeks have been crazier than usual!  I think it is a combo of just a few extra things on the calendar and some big life events like potty training twin 2 year olds, snow storms and getting promoted to Lt Col (way to go Marc...we are SO PROUD of you!)
Here is a little photo dump of sorts to get you up to date on the latest happenings...


The day of Marc's birthday there was a huge snow storm and Isaac and Daddy got to have some fun in the snow on Sunday (the next day because we were at the spa on his b-day).

Isaac loves snowballs and was having a blast.

He's going to get Daddy!

Later that day Marc took the kids to our friends house for some extra b-day celebrating.  I was SO sick that day and didn't go...I think I had a case of the flu.  Of course, Marc flew out the next day for a 4 day trip to London.  I even hired a babysitter so I could sleep one day...I was miserable!

March 1st was the official day for Marc to be promoted to Lt Col.  We did a very small informal ceremony that afternoon outside in the freezing cold by all the NATO National Flags.

Lately, Isaac is into ALL things pirate.  He dresses up everyday as one...I love this phase.

Marc took the kids one afternoon to the indoor play place by our house.  I love that Isaac went on this sled with all his pirate gear...even the treasure map!
Pirates can do it all....they can eat and drink too!
Lately, the girls have been SO busy and fun.  We never know what they are going to do next.  Let me say that potty training 2 little ones at the same time is not for the weak at heart!  It is a tough job!


Lately, the kids have such big imaginations!  You never know what they are going to come up with next.  There is a little Chapel in the field behind our house and the kids always say "they want to go see Jesus" and they mean this Chapel.  They like to bring Jesus gifts.  This day Isaac had some flowers and rocks he wanted to take to Jesus...so precious!

Here they are in front of the Chapel.  Isaac also had the bird house that Grandma June sent.  He loves the bird house and couldn't wait to hang it outside. :)

Here I am finally on the mend.  The flu lasted a few days and the congestion lasted a week more.  Oh, I can't wait for the warm Spring days!

Lately our Pirate makes us laugh so hard.  He loves to have performances and dress up.  Here he dressed all his stuffed animals like pirates!

When it is not snowing around here it is raining and the kids love their umbrellas!

Ava is always up to something.  She thinks she is quite funny most of the time. :)

A typical Saturday morning involves dancing in front of the TV and the girls half dressed because we are working on potty training...it's better to have less things to take off when we are running to the bathroom!

Last week there was another snow storm...oh, my!  We tried taking Isaac to school but ended up turning around and coming home...snow day ops!

Isabella is such a cutie! 

Isabella was all about going back inside the house!

Here is a picture to keep it real.  It is easy on blogs to say how great things are and in general they are pretty good but this is REAL life...things aren't always so great and 2 year olds throw tantrums! Exhibit A & B!

I think it was because we had been trapped inside! Here is what the outside looked like :)

I love this picture because Isaac has decided that every pirate needs a parrot and he often carries this guy around with him.  One day he asked me for a black marker and I thought it was a for a drawing he was doing but they next thing I knew...the parrot had a black circle around his eye for an eye patch...love it (although I did tell him that drawing on stuffed animals wasn't the best idea)! :)

The girls are busy, busy and love to draw and play with clay...and whatever else they can get their hands on.  They would wash their hands every 5 minutes if they could...they have an obsession with the sink, which is fine till the kitchen is covered with water! :)

The pirate loves to draw pirates too! Then he cuts them out with scissors...some even make it to the Fridge or into his picture book that Grandma June made him.

Lately, we have been doing sticker charts to encourage the kiddos.  Isaac once again needs rewards too! :)

We did finally have some sun come out one afternoon and Ava loved being outside...Isabella not-so-much!



I see the girls forming such a sweet friendship...it makes our hearts happy.

Cousin Anna sent some of her princess costumes and the girls LOVE them!

Last but not least we are so thankful for Marc's promotion.  We had his offical party last week and we felt so blessed!  It  was a great ceremony and I am so proud of Marc.  He works SO hard and is so committed to serving God & our country.  I am so thankful for him and the awesome job he is doing.



No comments: