background

Monday, February 24, 2014

The BIG 4-0 for Marco

Today is Marc's birthday!  He is now the big 4-0...really, how is that possible!?  I remember celebrating his 25th with him.  Today was a fun day...it started with a little waffle celebration...candle and all.  We surprised Marc at work on Friday with a cake and balloons (in background) so the kiddos have had cake all weekend long. :)  Isaac LOVES parties so he was having a blast today.

Last week Isaac told me that he wanted to get Daddy a fish for his birthday.  I have no idea where that idea came from but I went with it.  Isaac and I had fun out shopping although he saw the snakes at the pet store and wanted one of those too  (I said a big fat NO to that!)  Isaac picked out everything from the tank to the decorations inside.  I think Marc was surprised by his gift.  I know that Isabella loves it! Isaac wanted to name the fish "Uncle Jon" but decided to call him JoJo for short...too cute!!

Waffle and cuddle time!
Marc has had a weekend full of fun (more on that later) but the pinnacle of the weekend was his surprise for today...Indoor skydiving!!!!  Thanks to all the Shafers (Mom, Dad, Jon, Lisa, Erik, and their dog Tashka-ha, ha) for giving Marc the ultimate skydiving gift...he LOVED it!!!  Here are the kids lined up with some of our friends eating a little lunch while watching the skydivers.

Here's Marc getting suited up for going into the wind tunnel.

This was a group of skydivers doing tricks that were fun to watch.

Here is a family pic...you really can't see much of him but that is Marc in the background on his first indoor skydiving experience.

Cool, huh? What a fun way to bring on being 4-0!

Happy Birthday Marco!!!  We love you so much and here's to many more fun birthdays!!!
Here is a little video of the jump ops:)





No comments: