Happy Thanksgiving!!! So it has felt nothing like Thanksgiving here in the Netherlands today and although we are a little sad about that (we miss you precious friends & family) we have made some memories and have a very un-traditional Thanksgiving day! Marc had to work today. Since NATO is an international organization he doesn't get American holidays. I decided to document the day in pictures. :) We also want to share some of the things we are thankful for. This has been a big year. It was on Thanksgiving last year that we had the first suspicion that I was pregnant. We had gone out to a hotel for an awesome Thanksgiving dinner in Kansas City and after the dinner I felt soooo sick...at the time I was thrilled because I knew it was a good sign. We are soooo incredibly thankful for these precious miracles. We are thankful for incredible family that have all sacrificed time to be with us over the last year to help us and who also bless the kids (and us) with the best stuff. Thank you Grandma June for these cute outfits for the girls...don't they look cute?! :)
I caught this little guy in mid-dance this morning! We have been in the habit of watching a little TV in the morning while I am feeding the girls. I think it may have been Dora that he was dancing to at this point! This little 2 year old rocks our world! He is our first miracle and we are so thankful for his spirit and zest for everything!
After feeding the girls are usually ready for a nap. Ava was sleeping but Isaac & Isabella were getting a little hang-out time! We are thankful for being blessed with a house over our heads and all the "things" we could ever want or need. We don't want to take for granted all that God has blessed us with!!
We are thankful that God has blessed us with so many incredible adventures. Our newest is learning how to be parents. It is the hardest job we have had so far. These little kiddos rock our world in the best way possible.
To get into the Christmas spirit (we had to make it feel like a holiday somehow) I put in a Praise baby Christmas video and lined the kids up...here they are facing the TV! We are thankful for healthy kids. Look at those cute legs that Ava is sporting! We love every roll and smile we see. God is soooo good!
Here is a little self-portrait. We are thankful for the gift of learning to rely on God and others. I am not one to ask for help very often but yesterday I was going to a woman's Bible study at Church and I was standing at the bottom of the stairs in the building trying to figure out how to get up 4 flights of stairs with 2 carseats, a 2 year old and all my stuff....well, if you do the math...I have 2 hands so I had to wait until someone could come help me. :)
So this is our Thanksgiving dinner....I think you may see pizza on that plate! We had to pick Marc up from work and after getting no cooking done while caring for 3 little ones today (I did have high hopes but everytime I went to the kitchen to start, something "happened" -- from Isaac falling for the millionth time, to getting him his millionth snack of the day to the girls waking up from naps and wanting to eat) and then spending the afternoon in the car that included a stop for a needed Chiropractor appointment, Marc went and got pizza for us while walnut size snowflakes came down. (yep! snow! wait for photos tomorrow) We had animal crackers for desert...how is that for an impressive Thanksgiving meal??!! We are thankful for take-out and I am thankful for Marc's easy going spirit!
This picture is a repeat and just for a chuckle. For me this is one of my favorite pics of the year and represents the joys of discovery! We are thankful for you and for the incredible family & friends we have been blessed with!! Thank you for your love & support!!!!
As I finish this post we just crossed into the day after Thanksgiving. There will be no shopping here. :) The kids all went to bed early, it has snowed and we have spent the evening watching Thanksgiving "Food Network" competitions on TV, Marc is sitting next to me and I am eating chocolate....not a bad evening. :)
At this moment many of you are about to eat. Have a wonderful turkey day...hey, eat some for us! :)
2 comments:
Absolutely loved your blog. It was so fun to read about your life and hear how grateful you are to God for the beautiful children He has given you. It is awesome!
thanks. God has been good & we like to share and encourage others.
Post a Comment