background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas part 2

Finally!  I was able to upload the photos!  We placed all the presents under the tree on Christmas Eve and the girls were  sooooo excited when they came downstairs Christmas morning!  We didn't open the gifts yet because we were off to Chruch.  Look at the beautiful dresses that Grandma June got them!!


The girls checking everything out. :)
After Chruch we came home and put the girls down for their naps immediately.  We even had to wake them up to go over and see our landlords/neighbors Giny & Alex that afternoon for cake & coffee.

They had kids chairs for the kids and they were enjoying sitting in them.
Once we got back home it was time for dinner.  I kept running back and forth between houses to check on things in the oven.  We had a yummy dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, green beans & cole slaw....yummy!

Gift time FINALLY!  It's a good thing the kids are young because I am guessing it will be impossible as the years go on to push the unwrapping of presents till 6 in the evening!  I remember barely sleeping and being up at the crack of dawn because I was sooooo excited when I was younger! :)

THE MESS! :)

THE MESS continues!  It is so much fun to play in all that paper.  The only downside with unwrapping so late in the day was that the kids were so excited that they didn't sleep well that night...live and learn. :)
This ended up being the BIG gift from us to the kids!  It is actually something that we bought from some friends of ours and the kids are digging it!  It is really big and even has a BBQ on the opposite side...for those man dinners. :)  We have decided that a Christmas tradition for us is getting the kids 3 gifts each from us.  Like the wise men bringing 3 gifts to Jesus.  I hope this helps us teach the kids something about the Christmas story and helps us not go crazy with gift buying...there are so many cool things out there!  This year we were able to get by with less than 3 gifts each because the girls are so young still. 

Yes, the 1st thing Isaac did was put together his new puzzles! :)
Our families blessed up with some awesome gifts and we feel very loved...thank you!!!

Part 3 is coming...

No comments: