So Marc and I have been told by many people that we are "brave" to travel with little ones. Well, those that know us know that we rarely shy from an adventure! We are finding that traveling with little ones takes a lot of prep work and a go-with-the-flow attitude (& a good book). So for our week in France we did a lot of prep work to make it a fun week.
| (I forgot to put this in before but we LOVE the new swimsuits Grandma June...thank you!!!) |
I have been asked by a few people how we did it and here are a few things that we did:
-I made ALL of our food for the week before we left and froze it all! It was the BEST idea! I had to do no cooking all week and we didn't feel the pressure to go out and eat. The eating hours are really late in Europe...in France the restaurants don't even open till 7. Well, Isabella is always ready to go to bed around 7. Tired baby + late dinner = miserable time for everyone. We did go out to eat our last night there but stayed home all day to have everyone rested. :)
-We also didn't over-plan. We decided that we could do only about one thing a day. That meant that we stayed home most mornings so that the girls could get a good nap. It also meant that I read a good book :) and Marc took Isaac out to play or vice versa. The girls can sleep on-the-go but never sleep as long or as good...we knew this way they had a least one really good nap and that they would sleep in the car in the afternoon. We had one day that we did something in the morning and afternoon and it was a long day for everyone.
-We stayed in a central location so that it was pretty easy to get to places that we wanted to see.
-We also stayed at a place that had things to do on-site so that we didn't always have to go somewhere.
Hope these tips help for those traveling with little ones! We had such a great time!
Here are a few more pics from "our hang out at the hotel" times. :)
| Isaac loved this little children's pool. This was the first time the girls had been in a pool! |
| Isaac looks like he is rockin' out! |
1 comment:
Every time you post new pictures of the girls I think "oh, that's my favorite one"! I love the shots you got of them outside. Grandma June did a great job in picking out swimsuits. The twins look adorable in them. It looked like Isaac was having fun in the kids pool. He must have been like a prune by the time you were able to get him out! He is just growing so fast. Love to all of you, Linnea
Post a Comment