background

Monday, August 6, 2012

We're back!

Hi!  Isaac and I are back.  Marc didn't explain much but I took a very last minute trip to be with my Mom who was recovering from a surgery.  My Mom has ALWAYS been there for me and I thought I should be there for her.  I am very glad a went and Isaac was a great travel companion.  My sister also had a baby boy on 9 July, so we did a quick trip to HOT San Antonio to meet my new nephew, Cash.  It was such a whirlwind trip and Isaac was such a trooper!

I haven't uploaded all my photos yet but while we were gone it was Isaac's 4th birthday!  This little guy LOVES b-days and so it was a fun time.  Since his b-day falls in the middle of the summer I spoke with his Dutch pre-school about having a little b-day party for him before the school year was out.  So on June 22nd (which happened to be my brother, Doug's b-day) they had a party for him and he LOVED it!

They make these great hats and have the kids sit on a throne.

Do you see the girls on the right?  The class sung a TON of songs (all in Dutch, of course) and Isaac was all smiles.

The girls were in awe and enjoyed the celebration. They will soon be going to this same school once a week starting in JUST a few weeks.

Isaac even got a special wand and got to give each child a present. (Their tradition is that you give each student a little gift)

...and then it was time for his.  He picked the perfect thing for him...CARS! :)
Much more to come...


No comments: