background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

So here is a little peek at our tree and some special decorations!    I did the decorations after the kiddos went to bed...I look forward to when they can help but right now it is more fun to surprise Isaac by turning on the lights of the already decorated tree and hear him say "ohhhh".  
The picture above is a gift from my super talented Mom!  She made this wonderful tree quilt for me and also one for my sister!  The beige fabric sparkles and I love having it hung up...Thanks so much Mom!!!
 Another view...it is hung up in our Dining room above our hutch.
 You can turn your head all sorts of ways and you might think it is you but rest assured the tree is a funny looking one!! Before I tell the tale of this tree I have to do a shout out to Grandpa Norm, Grandma June, Uncle Jon & Uncle Erik...nothing will compare to the "tree" we had last year in Jackson...from Marc and Grandpa Norm combing the forest in the freezing cold to the decorations none will compare.:) Back to our tree adventure this year we had about 2 options of trees available that were potted (we wanted to go green this year) and option 1 was "kinda ugly" and option 2 "very ugly"...so we went with "very ugly"... we had to help the poor guy out!  After some trimming and placing some ornaments in very strategic places it turned out pretty "cute ugly." It is a small tree placed up high so little hands can't reach the ornaments.  Funny story about Isaac is that he LOVES to put things away...I love it!  But he puts EVERYTHING away from dirty forks back in the silverware drawer where the forks belong to cups with milk in them back to the cupboard where the cups are.  He is so cute about it but I knew he would take half the ornaments down and put them back in the boxes, in the cupboard where they "belong." :)
Can you find what is missing from this picture?  Check back tomorrow for  pictures of the kiddos and our adventure today...they are as cute as ever!! :) 

No comments: