Adventures in Babysitting - Day 3 (9 Oct)
Sneaky starts at an early age and so do a number of ways that you simply do things. I made the mistake last night of giving the iMan a banana that he had asked for, but I peeled and sliced it. WRONG ANSWER! (Marc & Kelly are probably rolling on the ground right now.) Total meltdown with the little guy and I learned that lesson quickly. The next morning, these two jokers wanted a banana. Do you see the happiness that comes with peeling it yourself and holding onto those big pieces?
This is where the sneaky story starts. Well, that big banana was way too much for the both of them...go figure...and they did not want to finish it. Ava's plan of action creatively consisted of camouflage with overhead cover. I love it! I'm sure I'd never see that hidden banana under normal circumstances...yeah right!
Then I tried the tactic of you-can't-leave-the-table-until-you've-finished-your-food. You wanna see what that go me? Miss Congeniality first went postal with clenched fists and then went into total shut down mode. We ended up making a deal to eat the remaining banana after nap time. Who do you think the fool was in that deal?
Onward and upward...so me and the iMan hit the road while the girls were napping. This was his first big time to stretch out his scooter legs beyond the confines of the back yard. Seriously, he was like a duck to water with his new scooter. Better have your running shoes on to keep up with the iMan!
I have no idea where I'm going around here in the Netherlands, but its all harmless enough. The iMan said let's go to the playground...I'm game with that; where is it?...he says it's "in the trees" and he knows how to get there! So, here I am in the Netherlands being guided by the iMan through his neighborhood. I love it!!! No biggie that we have to go around this castle with the moat along the way!
Lotta smiles from this action-packed little guy!
Not bad for your neighbors across the street, right?
All castle tunnels are a worthy pit-stop for investigation!
We finally arrived at our playground "in the trees" nestled behind the grounds of the castle. So this was just Uncle Jon & Isaac time and he could totally focus on whatever he wanted to do. Well, that consisted of hitting every single piece of equipment in the park. This is merely a fraction of all that the iMan tackled. He is a total animal, with fearless skill and dexterity.
Always in full concentration...
With no fear of heights and confident in his abilities...
And we did some new training of how to turn around on top and go down the other side...
He had a total blast and we must have criss-crossed the playground a half dozen times in the random selection of which equipment would be conquered next. I can't wait til this little guy starts demolishing the ski slopes with his Dad and uncles!!!
After a 2 1/2 hour scooter & playground excursion with the iMan, this is what we came back to. Post-nap snack time. Wanna guess where the leftover bananas were? Just out of the camera frame on the right!
In between all the activity, we are doing a lot of simply silly fun & laughter filled with lots of love!
No day with The Crew is truly complete without ice cream! As Ava says..."yeahhhh"! The beautiful train station (which I know intimately well after my first night in town) has a great little ice cream counter; and it wasn't too hard to get The Crew motivated for this little saunter into town.
This is just about the right size for the iMan!
After ice cream and about a half hour of running around a huge open park, it was time to grab some milk and juice before hitting the hay. How do you like my shopping helpers? Another great day with The Crew!
AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment