| A couple of weeks ago they had the World Biking Championships here. It was a crazy week with LOTS of action in our town! With our limited Dutch we didn't quite get all the action that was happening around us but we were surprised one Sunday afternoon when the road to our house was CLOSED! Marc had caught a ride home from Church with a friend that was visiting and wanted to see the area. That meant I was alone with the kids when I realized I was going to have to get the kiddos home the mile and 1/2 we needed to walk! Thank goodness I had a stroller with me but you can see how thrilled Isaac was about the whole adventure. Isabella was in the baby carrier on me. |
| Ava was the only one getting into all the bikers passing us by! |
| It took a while to get home because Ava and Isaac would walk for a while and then want to ride and then do it all again. I put the child safety harness on Ava in case she wanted to bolt! |
| Here is Isabella. She was tired and in need of a nap....Mommy was too! :) |
| Isaac was starting to get into it. |
| Almost home! This is a few feet down from our house. |
| When we got home we had popsicles in the front yard. It was a nice warm day and a great treat. |
| Isabella was happy again and enjoying her popsicle. |
| We have a great stone wall that we could sit on and watch this... |
| It was the team time trials that day and it was fun to watch them speed by...we even got a smile from one of the guys. :) |
| I always enjoy watching the cars pass by loaded down with all the gear. |
| Here is the sign outside our house advertising the World Championships...how is your Dutch? |
| Isaac having fun and getting some good height on that jump! |
| I think they were all done watching...onto books! We had a fun afternoon enjoying the bike race and we got some good exercise. |
No comments:
Post a Comment