Adventures in Babysitting - Day 5 (11 Oct)
Some days you just need a good play day at the house! We were going to head out and do something after breakfast, but the housekeeper came over to clean, then the landlord wanted me to pick up the hedge clippings that her maintenance generated, and then there is this little thing called the girl's nap that sits as a big roadblock from 1 to 4 pm. No worries...whatever we do, we are always having a blast!
The last time I saw Isabella was in January in Chamonix, France. She was so shy and reserved and just learning how to walk. She's 180 degrees out from that now. So talkative, outspoken, still very pensive, strong voice when she wants to, and she's so very affectionate. Here she is like we spend all mornings, in jammies, and with a breakfast from Grandma.
Then we took it outside for some bubble blowing...not a wise move in the long run. Nobody can hold their bottle upright so most of the liquid quickly ends up on the ground. Plus, Bella is about the only one that can really blow. But the bubbles really bring The Crew to life!
Look at those cars lined up and dress-right-dressed...I love it! A man after my own heart!!!
Pizza making is turning into a tradition very quickly with The Crew. The iMan and I did our trial run here and it was a major success. I was on the phone with Little d Marcky Boy who was checking up on us once AGAIN. Man, like a mother hen!....we're doing just fine over here bro. Haha :)
Anyhow, the iMan is a real professional helper...
The iMan had a change of heart about eating the pizza (although he adjusted that attitude the following day), so we took it outside to enjoy the phenomenal weather and the beautiful yard I had just picked up. For a moment, I was on memory lane doing yard work again and it was pure bliss. He's such a content little guy playing with himself...
...but I'm here to play and enjoy these guys and we are doing just that constantly!
Check out out this day, that great yard, the unbelievable countryside backdropping it all...and that outstanding yard maintenance!!!
Ah yes, The full Crew in their post-nap hunger craze...
...followed by a few performances of Ring Around the Rosie, which was enough to make this guy's head spin...
...until Grandma took over with organizing races...
Check out the result of a race start...all over the place!
Only the iMan really gets it and takes it seriously.
But Grandma really knows how to bring the party and is the true ring leader of fun with The Crew. Songs, Ring Around the Rosie London Bridges, you name it...Grandma has the kiddos in stitches every single time.
We closed out this day with bath ops again, but with a twist. Ava had a real rat's nest brewing in the back with her corn silk hair. We either had to fix it or google how to do dreadlocks. I've never done surgery on anyone's mane before, let alone a girl's, especially my niece's...
...let's just say, I've got another promising career if things don't work out with the pistachio thing. Her hair was as soft as butter after I got through with it; and I'm proud to say, I didn't get one "ouch". Ava was a real champ for this 15 minute ordeal.
Now here's sweet Bella in her new princess sleeper. She was so tickled and loved the sparkly princesses all over it. You should see how many times Ava has tried to snag it...a little buyer's remorse here. Ava chose another sleeper instead, and once these two gals lay claim to something, it might as well be branded with their mark.
This is what it's all about!!! The iMan has the lion towel...Ava is everything purple...and Isabella is our pink girly. Just try using the wrong towel on any one of them!!!
AMEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment