background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Party Time!

Welcome to the Netherlands!  We were told by our landlords/neighbors that it is customary here that the "new" people host a party so the neighbors can meet you.  They also offered the advice that if you don't they won't talk to you. :)  Well, with that advice how could we not! :)  I do love how other cultures can be so blunt sometimes.  I found this to be true when I lived in Germany too.  It really was a fun time and it was nice to meet the neighbors who all seem very friendly and brought some of the sweetest gifts.  Next door is a little boy who is 3 and they also have a 6 year old daughter. Their boy, Rune, and Isaac were really enjoying playing together and we can't wait for warmer weather so they can play together outside.

In planning the party Marc also suggested that we invite the people from his office at work.  It really was a great idea as it made an interesting and entertaining group of people.  He works with a guy who is Dutch and lives about a 1 km from us and knew all our neighbors.  Marc also works with a very entertaining Brit, a few French men, a man from Belgium and another American.  They all came and brought their families so it was a nice houseful of people.  I made American appetizers and a few treats and all went well.  Marc enjoyed that a couple of his colleagues stayed really late and they had a some entertaining rounds of Wii bowling.  After the clean-up I think we finally climbed in bed around 4!
 This is why we bought the piano...so it can be loved.
 The girls were enjoying the party.
Here's looking at you!  Isaac LOVES his binoculars.

No comments: